Followers

Monday, April 30, 2012

I especially enjoyed reading the articles related to the brain.  In college, I majored in psychology.  We learned about the two hemispheres of the brain.  While reading this information I gained more knowlege as to how each hemisphere influences how we think and act in our every day lives.  I have characteristics of both types.  I am logical, but yet would rather look at a the "whole picture", rather than parts.  So I guess according to the articles my brain hemispheres work together.  Most importantly, I gained an understanding of how my students think.  They gave good ideas as to how to stimulate the students' brain.  One idea that I thought was cool dealt with the right brain dominant child.  They said that for kids to see/remember their mistakes in spelling was to have them write the incorrect letters in a different color so they stand out.  I will definitely keep these articles in mind when I am teaching.  I might even have the kids take a quiz to see which hemisphere they are dominant in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment